post 9: "CARRY ON > CHECK BAG"
In order to prove my point with this one I’m going to use a personal example. This last spring, my sister and I traveled to Europe for 3 weeks on a budget. We were just poor college kids wanting to see the world. That’s one of the many reasons why taking only a carry on bag was the best decision we ever made. Not only was it cheap, but it was convenient and fast too. We never had to worry about baggage claim or misplacing our belongings during the span of our travels. It was seriously the greatest thing and a traveling tip I think everyone should be aware of. Traveling is already stressful so why add unnecessary stress if you don’t have to.
Occasionally we would have early Airbnb checkouts combined with long walking days were it came in especially handy. One specific time was in Florence, where after checking out of our Airbnb around 6 AM, we spent the day walking around the city before catching our train to Rome. Dragging a suitcase down those cobbled Florence streets would have been a nightmare. Instead, we just threw on our backpacks and walked wherever we desired. So, whether you’re staying for 3 days or 3 weeks take that carry on bag & thank me later.
My family went to Barcelona this past spring, and my Mom wouldn't let anyone check baggage. We all had to use a carry-on. Which really irritated me at first, because how was I supposed to take all my liquids with me!? But it ended up working out. Plus, you're right, it was a lot faster getting out of the airport!
ReplyDeleteI just traveled to Fairmont Minnesota and it was great that I just had a carry on. I wish that they would put me in the front of the plane so I could just hop off. I think that if I travel to Europe I will just have a carry on.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. I went to Europe in May and I decided to spend the money on a nice Patagonia backpack. It was the most perfect thing ever. My siblings didn't have a backpack. So for our walk in Rome from the train station to the hotel they had to drag their bag across those cobblestone roads. I 1000% recommend spending the money on a Patagonia backpack!
ReplyDelete