post 8: "THANKSGIVING?"

  

Is Thanksgiving a holiday of the past? I can’t be the only one that’s noticed Christmas’s takeover of Thanksgiving in recent years. Trees and lights are going up sooner and sooner and black “Friday” sales are becoming black Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday sales. Leaving Thanksgiving festivities in the dust.


You’re probably wondering why I’m even writing this blogpost because there’s no hope. In all honestly you’re probably right but each year it’s becoming more and more of a pet peeve so here I am. I guess you could say I’m passionate about adequate celebration of each holiday. The reason behind this being that I feel like each holiday is great in their own way, especially Thanksgiving. Honestly. who doesn’t love eating food with the ones you love?


I’m definitely not naive to the fact that the majority of people live for Christmas, but I mean, Thanksgiving is pretty great too. Not only do you get to eat great food with family but, you don’t have to worry about spending $$$ on gifts for everyone. So, here’s to celebrating filling our stomachs and not emptying our bank accounts.     



Comments

  1. I LOVE THIS! Say it louder for the people in the back!! I just think it is important for people to be grateful and happy with what we have. Why not celebrate food and family? Turns out, those are things that many people both in and out of the US are lacking. So let's count our blessings and be happy instead of wanting more, for once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! I am a big believer in holidays and Thanksgiving is the best because it is all about family and food! Christmas is great too, but we need to remember how awesome Thanksgiving is as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts