post 12: "THE MARKETING TRAP THAT IS INSTAGRAM"
Bet you didn’t know that signing up to use Instagram means you’ll be the victim of ads galore. If you don’t have Instagram you probably won’t completely grasp what I’m talking about but if you understand one thing understand this, Instagram was once a place of viewing friends, family, and the occasional celebrities photos that depicted their life in some way but it has since become a place of sponsored ads and “Instagram famous” people promoting their favorite products. In no way am I saying this is a terrible thing I am, however, saying that it can be a little annoying at times. I honestly think that I'm not the only person that thinks this. Seeing random ads pop up on my feed is not only a little annoying, but a little creepy too.
On the other hand, I can’t blame companies for doing what they’re doing because it is really smart. Paying people with a lot of followers to promote your business is great thinking. Besides that, you can choose who you do and don’t follow so if you get sick of seeing people promoted ads you can just unfollow them. On the other hand, pop up ads need to go. I don’t get on Instagram to see unnecessary ads.
I totally agree. I hate the prompted ads on Instagram. They bother the crap out of me. I hardly even use it anymore because of that, I prefer Snapchat
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, I never thought much about the ads that come up on Instagram because I feel like they are super easy to just scroll past. I've never had an ad pop up while I was on Instagram that prevented me from using the app until the video was done, plus there are commercials on T.V. and ads on YouTube, so maybe I just got used to them.
ReplyDeleteI have often thought that one day I would become an Instagram model. I am not sure how yet, but I will let you know if I find out. I wonder how much companies make from advertising on insta?
ReplyDeleteOne of my biggest pet peeves is when people have the goal to be Instagram famous. Why can't we just follow our friends and see what they're doing with their lives? Instead so many people are obsessed with how many followers they have.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. Instagram has become a money pit and a gathering place for attention-hungry wannabes that ruin it for everyone else. I rarely use it anymore and basically only open it when I see that someone has tagged me in something.
ReplyDelete