post 10: "WHY CHILDREN DESERVE PETS"




I’ve had my fair share of pets. My family always had a dog or two running around that would occasionally have a litter of puppies, making my childhood dreams come true. As for personal pets, it all started with hamsters, cute in appearance, but evil in domineer. Those didn’t last too long cause they would escape from their cage never to be found again. I then got turtles, my favorite of all because they were cute and nice too. Specifically, they were little, dark green, water turtles that my sister and I named speed and spinach. Clearly we were full of creativity at a young age.


One of the main reasons why I think every kid should have a pet is because I think they can teach a child a lot. The main thing being responsibility. If they want a pet badly enough they should do all the necessary things to keep it alive. Feeding it, watering it, cleaning its cage occasionally, are all things that a pet encompasses and things a child will learn if they take good care of their pet. I remember begging for a pet and using the common plea of, “I promise I’ll take care of it!” So, get your current of future child that pet and teach them responsibility all in one.


Another thing  pets can teach children is how to love. Now, this may not be true for all pets, but I definitely think it is true regarding dogs. There are few animals that love more than dogs do and I think children can catch on to that. In the long run, a good pet offers more benefits than damage.










Comments

  1. I feel like I really agree with this! Growing up I always had a dog, and for the most part, I feel like it taught me a fair amount of responsibility. Unfortunately, in those moments when I didn't want to take care of the dog, it left my parents with more work because they didn't want the dog to pee in the house, etc. So I can totally see a parent may be hesitant to buy their child a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved having pets growing up. Interestingly enough I was quite partial to hamsters. I was never allowed to have a cat, so now I have a cat and love him with my whole heart. I think your last point is the one that I agreed with most. I think having pets teaches children to love, which we all need to love more. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts