post 4: "AFTER THE RESEARCH"

The notorious research project is always an interesting experience. As always, I procrastinated a little longer than I should have which left me more stressed than I needed to be. I have done this plenty of other times but this time made me realize that I really should make it a goal to start working on papers sooner so I am not left feeling stressed and rushed as the due date nears. I need to work at being more prepared early on in the process of longer writing assignments.

One writing goal that I have as a result of my experience writing this research paper is to start thinking about and planning papers as soon as I know about them. I know this would help me create a solid paper. It has taken me long enough to learn that procrastination is not on my side. I do, however think that this specific writing experience was better than experiences that I have had in the past. I started writing my final draft earlier than I normally would which was good for me. A step in the right direction for sure.

Now, in regards to my subject, I found it more interesting than I initially thought. I studied the effects of bullying, which turned out to be quite intriguing. Normally I begin to regret my topic decision halfway through the writing process but that was not the case here. I grew up in a small town where bullying was not much of an issue so it was interesting to learn more about it.

Comments

  1. I agree I think every big project we have we will always feel like we need to not procrastinate. I try every time to make sure I'm on top of things so I start but then I get behind. So I also had the goal to plan better with my future assignments in this class especially.
    I think bullying would be an interesting topic. I didn't have a lot of bullying in my high school. I don't remember that ever being an issue. So it would be interesting to learn how it is a problem in other places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that everyone procrastinates. The project is over by this point, but you're not alone. It's pretty common to get overlapping assignments and priorities have to be made. I especially like your sentence " It has taken me long enough to learn that procrastination is not on my side."I would describe it as Ironically Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are not procrastinating, you aren't being a real student. I don't know about you, but I have seen many "instant karma" videos where a bully gets what's coming. I love those videos. haha I just think bullying is ridiculous. I don't understand it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not procrastinating is one of my goals too. I don't like the stress. But I can focus better under the pressure sometimes. Haha. Pros and cons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you said about regretting your topic choice halfway through the paper! I completely relate to that! I read your draft and I thought it was a really col topic too and I'm glad you learned a lot from it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The struggle is real. It's always better to start earlier. However, when I give myself too much time, I end up hating the topic and sometimes changing it. There has to be a balance for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always wondered about bullying. It is something that I have seen a lot of in Tv shows, but never really experienced in my own life. As I have gotten older I have suspected that bullying is still prevalent, but not in the form of stuffing kids into lockers. I would love to see your research.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment